Future Travelers is designed for leaders who are experiencing a holy discontent about the effectiveness and future of the church in the West. These communities are for leaders who are questioning whether we’re really making authentic disciples sold out to Jesus or just creating consumers of Christian goods and services. They’re for leaders no longer interested and content in simply growing attendance.
This journey will provide a rich exploration into the paradigm of the church as an apostolic, disciple-making movement and personal coaching from the Forge team. The outcome will be a customized plan for implementation for each church involved, equipping leaders with the strategy and practical resources needed to launch a movement and navigate change. This won’t be a one-size-fits all, fill-in-the-blank experience, but a 360 learning community led by practitioners.
We invite participants on a 9 month journey to explore the paradigm of church as a movement. On this journey, the group of participants will gather 3 times to discuss the essential paradigm shifts necessary for missional movement, the process for organization shift towards movements, and next steps on how they can begin to equip the key leaders they serve alongside to confidently launch a movement and navigate change. Additionally, participants will be coached monthly by leaders and practitioners from across the country.
Who are the best people suited for Learning Communities?
They are a unique breed. You know them when you meet them. They think differently. They have a humble heart, possess a holy discontent with the status quo; have a bias toward the future; and offer a proven record of results. They are your mapmakers, your pioneers. They are the change makers, honoring the past but looking toward the future.
They will typically have the following characteristics:
- A humble heart–Fully surrendered with a teachable spirit, Trusting God to build His Church through them despite their weaknesses, Personal humility with a deep resolve to follow through
- Holy discontent–Demonstrated capacity to use imagination (vision), Pioneering initiative, A concern that has moved beyond “accumulation” to a passion for equipping and deploying disciples, A nervous sense of anticipation that God is up to something big, An intrinsic sense of urgency that the time is now
- The ability to execute–A history of leading through challenges to the next level, A culture of discipline that has produced sustained growth, Margin to make a difference
You can register as an individual or as a group. Some leaders bring additional staff with them, while others recruit an entire cohort of 25 people. Registration is $2,550 per person. For groups of 6 or more the registration is $2,050 per person. For an entire cohort (25 participants) the cost is $42,500.
- A 9 month journey
- 3, 1 and a half day intensives with innovative teaching from widely recognized leaders (travel & lodging not included)
- Monthly coaching with leaders and practitioners from around the country
Feedback from Past Participants
“This discussion is probably the most important one of my life … it would certainly have to be the best learning investment of my life.” - Steve Andrews, Lead Pastor of Kensington Community Church
“This experience has helped us take very concrete steps as a church in making some dramatic paradigm shifts … It’s been absolutely life-changing, church-changing, and I believe will change the face of the United States.” - Greg Nettle, President, Stadia New Church Strategies
“If you need to take your church into the future with a more missional focus and practice, you will not regret this investment.” - Dave Ferguson, Lead Pastor, Community Christian Church and Founder, NewThing Network
“It helped clarify what is next for us as a church.” - Greg Surratt, Founding Pastor, Seacoast Church; Co-founder and President of ARC
“This experience really was a spiritual marker for me and for our church. It helped people redefine church. I would advocate it to pastors of churches who really want to affect their community, nation and their world.” - Shawn Lovejoy, Lead Pastor, Mountain Lake Church; Founder, ChurchPlanters.com