The Church Planting & Missional Community Formation Learning Community is an 8-month experience designed to help missional minded pioneers better understand the essential paradigm shifts necessary for effective church planting & missional community formation. We believe that missional communities are the most effective vehicle for church planting and for the church as a whole for making disciples who make disciples. This learning community will also equip participants with the basics in missional community formation, sustainability, and multiplication
This 8-month learning community creates an innovative journey of exploration, helping participants shift their paradigms and take action towards greater Kingdom impact. The content is strategically and deliberately designed to challenge paradigms and help participants build a foundation for action.
The journey consists of:
- Online Trainings. These trainings combine the relational, experiential, and informational components required for transformation. There will be 3-4 of these for each learning community. Each training will also include teaching from missional practitioners, discussion, and practical application.
- Monthly Coaching. Coaching will happen monthly with cohort in peer-to-peer, small group learning environments..
- Suggested Curriculum.
Church Planting & Missional Community Formation Themes
Essential Paradigm Shifts For Church Planting & Missional Community Formation
- The Missio Dei, God and His mission
- The Incarnation, Our model for mission
- Missional Ecclesiology,
- Mission as the organizing principle Missional Community, The vehicle for making disciples who make disciples
Missional Community Formation
- Formation of a Missional Community
- Starting with a Team & Leading as a Team (APEST)
- Building Congregational Structure
Missional Community LIfe
- Balancing the Gathered and Scattered
- Missional Rhythms & Practices
- Discipleship & Evangelism
Sustainability & Multiplication
- Leadership Development
- The Bi-Vocational LIfe
- Multiplication, The makings of a movement
Every month the learning community participants with gather. Depending on the month participants will either gather for a online training or a 1-hour coaching session. Throughout the 8-month experience participants will also engage in suggested curriculum.
The goal of Forge America is for participants to remain in their jobs, schooling, etc. since one’s context is crucial for learning and living the 8-months of formation.
This Learning Community has a cost of $1,200. This pays for: tuition, training events, training materials, etc.
Here's how we break that down:
$150 deposit is due when application is submitted
$150 per month for the next 7 months
Participants are encouraged to bring others on this 8-month journey with them by raising these funds. To break this down even further, one would just need 10 people at $20/month!